A LITTLE BIT ABOUT
Aint no half steppin’
~Big Daddy Kane
When I was 12 my dad (who sells all kinds of cool sh*t) took me on a trip overseas and gave me some spending money which I used to buy cheap cartons of cigarettes. I smuggled the cartons (in my checkin luggage) back into Australia and sold them for a profit.
That trip was the beginning of my career as an entrepreneur.
I always knew I wanted to run my own business; I have a passion for problem solving, street smarts and the confidence to back myself.
My dad has always been self employed. He has wholesaled and retailed toys, collectables, sporting goods and all kinds of merchandise over the years.
I watched my dad leave most mornings, hit the road to call on his wholesale clients or go to work as a retail store owner. My mum rushed around to pick up whatever dad and our family needed to survive.
It just didn’t make any sense – watching my dad work 7 days a week sometimes 12-16 hours a day. While dad’s customers were benefiting, he certainly wasn’t from the lack of flexibility that most small business owners know to well.
Isn’t that the goal when working for yourself, Flexibility?
I was fortunate enough to have my own business in the early 2000’s when the internet was just starting to sprout widely in homes and businesses. Consumer patterns were shifting like the clouds and the way goods were purchased was evolving.
I drew a connection between my observations and the way the online economy was shifting and realised it could be applied across any industry. In nature, I had discovered a fast growing, untouched niche – Ecommerce.
I dont smuggle cigarettes anymore (or anything for that matter). Now I like to build and scale Ecommerce stores from almost anywhere I want and most nights make money while I sleep from my own stores – Thats flexibility! 🤸🏻♂️
My business achievements.
- 💰 Millions of dollars in online revenue generated.
- 0 – 600k revenue generated online in 10 months from launch.
- 0 – 2M revenue generated in 18 months from launch.
- 20+ years minding my own business (a-lot of lessons & success)
- 20+ years experience in customer service & staff management.
- 15+ years experience in building, designing, managing websites.
WHAT IS WORK LIFE BALANCE?
My life achievements.
- Played Ice Hockey with Wayne Gretzky
- Australian U18 Div 2 WC 2003 Gold Medal team member
- Australian Mens IIHF WC team member – Various Years
- Met Lord Stanley’s Cup
- Saw Koybe Bryant play live – 2014
- 16 countries visited and counting
- 6 NHL rinks visited and counting
- Flew business class…yup…baller ✌️